Green Mountain Express announces temporary changes in schedule
BENNINGTON — Reacting to the spread of the novel coronavirus, the Green Mountain Express has announced changes to its fixed route services, effective Friday, March 27.
Commuter Route changes
- Orange Line: No noon or 5:15 p.m. service. All other runs are as scheduled.
- Purple Line: No 7 a.m. or 3:15 p.m. service. All other runs will stop service at SVMC Pownal Campus and return to Bennington; there will be no stops in Williamstown, Mass.
- Emerald Line: No 5:15 p.m. service. The last run will be the 3:30 p.m. service to Wilmington.
City Route changes
- Blue Line: No 4:45 p.m. or 5:15 p.m. service. The last run of the day will be at 4:15 p.m.
- Red Line: No 5 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. service. The last run of the day will be at 4:30 p.m.
- Brown Line East: There are currently no changes to service.
- Brown Line: No 7:25 a.m. or 3 p.m. service. All other runs are as scheduled but will not be stopping at Bennington College.
Weekend bus routes
There are currently no changes to this service.
In a media release, Green Mountain Express said it is following all CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. Buses and facilities are being sanitized regularly to help fight the spread of the coronavirus, and buses have also gone fare-free to help maintain social distancing.
Passengers are asked to follow all CDC guidelines, to ride only when necessary and to not ride if sick.
"Together as a community united we can overcome the COVID-19 situation," Green Mountain Express said. "We may have to make additional changes as the situation continues to develop and we will try to give as much notice as possible. Thank you for your understanding and may you all remain healthy."
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.