This week ...
Berkshires Week Calendars
The Cottager
Four Doric columns are all that remain of the Georgian-style mansion, Ashintully, in Tyringham. The 35-room cottage was known as "The Marble Palace."  The gardens, which include the ruins, are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays through Oct. 13.
The Cottager | Ashintully: A mansion cursed by Egypt's pharaoh kings?
TYRINGHAM — On a warm Sunday in April 1952, a fire broke out in the fields outside the home of Katharine and John S. McLennan Jr. … Read More
The summer cottage opened in 1893 and the first party held by Sarah and her husband, George H. Morgan, was held that September.
The Cottager: Not your average housewarming party
LENOX — On the evening of Sept. 15, 1893, Sarah Spencer Morgan and her husband, George H. Morgan, celebrated their new … Read More
The Lenox Cricket team poses at Elm Court. Standing are (left to right) William Sale, Elm Court staff; Patrick Devanney, Bellefontaine coachman; Mr. Elliott, Elm Court butler; Alfred Peters, Lenox painting contractor; Edwin Jenkins, Bellefontaine superintendent; Fred Heeremans, Elm Court superintendent, and William B.O. Field, owner of High Lawn.Seated, left to right: Carlos de Heredia, owner of Wheatleigh; Sir Mortimer Durand, James Whittingham, Spring Lawn butler and William D. Sloane, owner
The Cottager | Deepdene: How a British ambassador's career ended in Lenox ...
LENOX — On a crisp autumn morning, 150 "summer cottagers" breakfasted together at Erskine Park, the summer home of George and … Read More
More BWSV ...

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions