Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.  

The Bennington Fire Department and emergency services responded Friday afternoon to a house fire on Beech Street. The fire was quickly contained and no one was injured, according to Deputy Chief Jeff Santarcangelo. Fire crews on scene hadn’t officially determined the cause of the fire, but the homeowner, Arlene Rogers, suspected it was a candle burning upstairs.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us.
We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.