Town project list for the week of Sept. 26
Roadwork and sidewalk projects by the town of Bennington
• Benmont Avenue Bridge is now open in both directions.
• Branch Street will remain closed between Main and Gage Streets, crews will be pouring sidewalks and grading for blacktop.
• Roadside mowing continues throughout town. Please use caution when approaching these areas.
• A crew will be patching water digs at numerous locations most of the week.
• South Branch Street will be closed to through traffic on Tuesday, a private contractor will be milling the road surface
• A crew will be working on Main Street, between Bradford and Branch Streets, preparing for new sidewalk and patching curb.
All Work will be dependent on weather conditions. Please use caution when entering a construction zone; men and equipment will be in the traveled portion of the road.
Notice: Residents and Contractors - Please make sure all loads are covered when taking leaves and or brush to the transfer station.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.