Teen’s death believed to be accidental

Wednesday February 27, 2013

ST. ALBANS (AP) -- A candlelight vigil is being held in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Organizers tell the Burlington Free Press that a vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions