SVHC named one of Vermont's best places to work two years running
BENNINGTON >> Southwestern Vermont Health Care (SVHC) has been named one of 2016's Best Places to Work by Vermont Business Magazine and the Vermont Chamber of Commerce for the second year in a row. SVHC received the honor for the first time in 2015, and is the first and only hospital or health system to be recognized.
"We are pleased to have received this award for the second time," said Tom Dee, president and chief executive officer of SVHC. "This recognition is directly attributed to our talented, dedicated employees, who have built our reputation for exceptional care, comfort for the communities we serve, and our positive workplace culture."
This statewide program by Vermont Business Magazine and the Vermont Chamber of Commerce surveys and identifies the best places of employment. In addition, it has partnered with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Vermont State Council, the Vermont Department of Labor, and the Vermont Department of Economic Development to recognize organizations that benefit the state's economy, its workforce, and businesses.
Only 38 organizations are being honored this year by Best Places to Work
The program evaluates workplace policies, benefits practices, and demographics. This portion of the evaluation is worth 25 percent of the total score. An employee engagement and satisfaction survey accounts for the remaining 75 percent. The program looks for a minimum of 40 percent participation on the survey and positive results.
The final rankings for each category will be announced at an event March 31 at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center in Burlington. A listing of open positions and other workplace information can be found at svhealthcare.org/careers.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.