Roadwork this week
- Bank Street, North Bennignton: On Thursday Bank Street in North Bennington will have lane restrictions. Sewer crews will be rebuilding manholes. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please use caution.
- Berard Street will remain closed. Highway crews continue road upgrades. Please use Phyllis Lane or alternate route.
- Church Street, North Bennington, will have lane restrictions in place. Sewer Crews will be rebuilding manholes. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please use caution.
- Division Street remains Closed to through traffic all week. Local traffic will be accommodated. Water crews continue replacing valves and Highway Crews will be replacing storm drains in preparation for paving. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please find alternate route.
- East Road will be closed Wednesday between Willow Road and Hewitt Drive for hydrant and water line repairs
- Imperial Avenue remains closed 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. to through traffic. Local traffic will be accommodated. Highway and sewer crews continue working on Imperial Avenue rebuilding manholes and storm drains in preparation for paving this summer. Please find alternate route. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please use caution.
- North Branch Street, on Thursday, will be closed between Brooklyn Bridge and Chapel Road from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for water main leak repair. Local traffic will be accommodated.
- Park Street: Highway crews will replacing storm drainage on Park Street between Scott Street and Gage Street. This will require lane restrictions and some road closures. Local traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution when approaching as men and equipment will be in the roadway.
- Townwide work: Roadside mowing, tree trimming and weeding also will continue in numerous areas in Bennington. Please use caution when approaching these areas and leave plenty of room for the tractor and men or equipment on side of the road. Additionally, Highway crews will be fixing driveway aprons on the newly paved roads across town. Reminder: Please do not rake or blow grass and/or leaves into town streets or highways as these clogs storm drains and creates flooding and driving hazards for the entire community. Residents and contractors, please make sure all loads are covered when taking leaves and or brush to the transfer station.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.