Roadwork in Bennington
- Chapel Road will be reduced to one-lane on Friday between Crossover Road and Chapel Road Mobile Home Park for a valve repair. Please use caution when approaching. Men and equipment will be on the edge of the road.
- Division Place will be closed Tuesday to all vehicles. Resident vehicles with intended use on Tuesday must remove your car by 7 a.m. Local traffic cannot be accommodated. Water crews will be repairing a valve at the intersection of Division Place and Division Street. Please find alternate parking from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Division Street remains closed to through traffic all week. Local traffic will be accommodated. Water crews continue replacing valves and highway crews will be replacing storm drains in preparation for paving. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please find alternate route.
- Imperial Avenue remains closed 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. to through traffic. Local traffic will be accommodated. Highway and sewer crews continue working on Imperial Avenue rebuilding manholes and storm drains in preparation for paving this summer. Please find alternate route. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please use caution.
- Monument Circle on Thursday will be closed between 3 Monument Circle and Monument Avenue from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. for water valve repair. Local traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution as men and equipment will be on the edge of the road.
- North Branch Street on Wednesday will be closed between Furnace Brook Road and Bowen Road from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. for water hydrant repair. Local traffic will be accommodated.
- Park Street will be closed to through traffic between Gage Street and Scott Street as highway and sewer will be replacing storm drainage and manhole rehabilitation. Local traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution when approaching as men and equipment will be in the roadway.
- Roadside mowing, tree trimming and weeding also will continue in numerous areas in Bennington. Please use caution when approaching these areas and leave plenty of room for the tractor and men or equipment on side of the road. Reminder: Please do not rake or blow grass and/or leaves into town streets or highways as these clogs storm drains and creates flooding and driving hazards for the entire community. Residents and contractors, please make sure all loads are covered when taking leaves and or brush to the transfer station.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.