Pot left on stove ruled the cause of Winooski apartment fire

Posted

WINOOSKI, VT. >> Fire officials say a pot left cooking on the stove was to blame for starting a small fire that broke out in an apartment in northwestern Vermont.

The Burlington Free Press reports the call for the blaze at the two-unit building in Winooski came in shortly before 1 p.m. Monday.

Fire Chief David Bergeron says the stove was left on by the resident of the lower apartment and the food caught on fire.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames before more damage was done, but smoke filled the building.

Bergeron says the fire could've been very serious if someone hadn't noticed. He says he isn't sure what was cooking in the pot, but "there's going to be quite the smell."

Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions