Photographers needed for 'Hidden Hoosick' show

HOOSICK FALLS, N.Y. -- HAYC3 has announced "Hidden Hoosick," the first-ever Hoosick Community Photography show at 120gallery90 at The Armory. All Hoosick residents are encouraged to participate in this exhibition that opens Friday, June 20.

The theme of the community-wide photography exhibit, "Hidden Hoosick," is meant to celebrate the beautiful, charming, captivating, interesting visual aspects of our community. Some are things or places we see everyday and forget to notice, that we take for granted, and others we need to look a little harder or more closely to find. There are so many beautiful places and things in the Hoosick Community.

Subject matter can be architecture, nature, landscapes, or animals, so long as the photo was taken by a Hoosick resident and was taken in the Town of Hoosick or the Village of Hoosick Falls. The photograph can be wide angle or a close-up detail; it can be one you took recently or a while ago, in any season. Black and white and color photographs are acceptable.

Photographs submitted for the exhibit should be framed (if you work with standard sizes, frames will be inexpensive) and ready to hang.

Photographers must be willing to sell their photographs; the photographers will determine price. Sales will be split 75/25, with 75 percent of the purchase price going to the photographer. The other 25 percent will be used to support 120gallery90 and other HAYC3 Arts programs.

The opening reception is planned for Friday, June 20, and includes music in The Owl's Nest at The Armory. Both are free and open to friends, family and the public.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions