Petitions for public office due Jan. 28
BENNINGTON -- Petitions to run for public office are due at Town Clerk offices no later than 5 p.m. Jan. 28. Town Meeting Day will be on March 5 this year. The following is a list of openings for School Boards, Select Boards and town clerks. To find out other seats that may be available in each town, call the town offices.
* ARLINGTON -- Town Clerk Robin Wilcox is up for re-election for her three-year term. Norman Mattison's two-year seat on the Select Board is up, as is Reginald Jennings' three-year seat. On the School Board, Maureen Harvey's two-year seat is up, so is Todd Wilkins' three-year position. Wilkins is the School Board chairman.
* BENNINGTON -- On the Select Board, Sharyn Brush's term is up, as are Jason Morrissey's and Christopher Oldham's. All are three-year terms and Oldham has announced he will not seek re-election. Town Clerk Tim Corcoran is also up for a three-year term. Resident Michael Bethel has announced he will run for Select Board,
* MOUNT ANTHONY UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT -- A Pownal seat held by Timothy Holbrook is up for election, as is a North Bennington seat held by Leon Johnson, and a Bennington seat held by Robert Sherman. All are for three years.
* BENNINGTON SCHOOL DISTRICT -- Two three-year terms held by Jackie Prue and Laurie Cohen are up.
* SOUTHWEST VERMONT CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER -- Four three-year terms are up. They are held by Gloria Alexander, Leon Johnson, Francis Kinney, and Frank Lamb. A one-year unexpired term held by Larry Johnson is also up.
* DORSET -- On the Select Board, two one-year seats held by Steve Johnson and Marge Freed are up along with a three-year term held by Michael Connors. On the School Board, Jennifer Allen's three-year seat is up, so is Bob Allen's two-year seat.
* MANCHESTER -- On the Select Board, a two-year term held by Steve Nichols has expired, as has a three-year term held by Carol Latuga. On the School Board a two-year seat held by Brian Vogel is up, as is a three-year seat held by Debbie Wraga.
* POWNAL -- On the Select Board, a three-year seat held by Nelson Brownell is up, as are two one-year seats held by Michael George and Dale Palmer. Brownell has announced he will not seek re-election.
On the School Board, one year of a three-year seat is up for election. It's currently held by James O'Connor, who was appointed to it after Randy Monhollen stepped down mid-term. Another three-year seat held by Gudrun Hutchins, who has announced she will not seek re-election, is also vacant. Two one-year seats held by Nicole Prouty Carbonaro and Angie Rawling are also up for election.
* READSBORO -- On the Select Board, Raymond Eilers' three-year seat is up. On the School Board, Charlotte Clark's three-year seat is up.
* SHAFTSBURY -- On the Select Board, Craig Bruder's three-year seat is up, so is Lon McClintock's two-year term. McClintock is the board's chairman. On the School Board, Larry Johnson's three-year seat is up, as is Jennifer Arlotta's two-year seat.
* STAMFORD -- On the Select Board, a two-year seat held by Eunice Rice is up, as is a three-year seat held by David Bugbee. On the School Board, a two-year seat held by Duncan Honig is up, so is a three-year term held by James Sarkis.
* WOODFORD -- Steven Wright's three-year seat is up for election on the Select Board. Avis Bruce-Hurley's three-year term on the School Board is also up.
This list will be updated to include the towns that did not respond Thursday.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.