On the Road: Fourth of July weekend
There are small signs on lawns around Vermont that say "Drive like your child lives here". I have nothing to add to that this week.
I-89 in Milton has a bridge project with northbound lane closures from 7 AM to 2 PM and southbound lane closures from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Line painting continues from Exit 7 to Exit 17 between 6 PM and 6 AM. The Exit 10 northbound off ramp in Waterbury is being replaced. Reduced speeds and short delays may occur. Expect rolling roadblocks on Mondays between 9 AM and 12 noon.
I-91 in Irasburg has bridge work with one-lane traffic in this work zone. Continued bridge painting in both northbound and southbound lanes continues in Newbury causing short delays. Culvert work in the southbound lane in the Ryegate area will affect traffic. Motorists should expect lane and speed reductions. More bridge work northbound and southbound in the Bradford area will slow traffic. Southbound in Windsor a lane closure for ledge removal will affect traffic. I-91 in Brattleboro is reduced to one lane in each direction caused by a bridge project. Expect holiday delays between 2 PM and 6 PM. Southbound traffic should consider RT 5.
Around the State
• VT 105 in Jay and Troy have a paving project causing lane closures.
• VT 118 has a paving project from Belvidere to Berkshire causing single-lane traffic with delays.
• RT 5 from Lyndon to East Haven has alternating one-lane traffic; expect delays.
• VT 100C from Johnson to Hyde Park has alternating one-lane traffic for a paving project. Expect delays.
• RT 15 at the Hyde Park roundabout has some reconstruction work causing delays.
• Edson Hill Road to Notch Brook Road in Stowe has a paving project causing single-lane traffic.
• US 2 in Lunenburg has a culvert replacement project causing delays.
• US 2 has two projects affecting traffic in the Champlain Valley: In Milton expect lane and speed reductions for roadwork. In Colchester expect a roadwork project by Walker Hill.
• VT 2A in St. George has roadside projects with lane closures and short delays.
• RT 2A Essex and Colchester has a paving project that will cause delays.
• Shadow Lake Road in Glover is closed for construction. Look for posted detours.
• VT 14 from Calais to Greensboro has roadwork going on.
• US 302 in Groton continues to have lane closures with lights. Minor delays.
• US 5 in Ryegate has a culvert replacement project affecting traffic.
• US 302 from Montpelier to Berlin has a rehabilitation project going on. Look for new road markings.
• RT 62 in Barre has a rail grade project with night time work this week.
• VT 12A in Roxbury will see new construction starting 7/5. Culvert replacement will be done over the weekend of 7/8 through 7/10. The road will be closed to all traffic from 7/8 through 7/11 for the project.
• VT 100B south of Moretown village has a one-lane bridge project. Expect lane and speed reductions.
• VT 100 in Waitsfield is closed for bridge work. The project bridge is 1 mile south of the intersection of RT 100 and RT 17. Look for two detours around this project.
• US 5 from Bradford to Ryegate has a 16-mile paving project with lane reductions. There will be night work between 6 PM and 6 AM. Expect delays.
• VT 25B has a bridge project causing lane closures and delays.
• VT 113 in Thetford from VT 244 east about 8 miles to US 5 has a paving project that is causing delays. Look for Saturday construction.
• VT 14 Randolph – Brookfield – Williamstown has a 9.5-mile paving project beginning on July 5th. Expect delays in this work zone.
• VT 12 from Randolph to Bethel has a paving project that will cause delays.
• VT 7 from Ferrisburgh to Charlotte will begin a long term-renovation and repaving project on July 11. Soon there will be delays and lane closures.
• VT 17 from New Haven to Waitsfield has occasional lane closures for sign replacement.
• VT 125 in Hancock has lane restrictions for a paving project.
• VT 74 in Shoreham has a culvert project that is reduced to one lane. Expect delays.
• VT 100 in Killington has a bridge replacement project with a signalized one-way traffic over a one-way temporary bridge.
• US 4 has three projects affecting traffic. First, in Mendon a culvert replacement project with a two-way detour with 13-foot lanes. Then in Bridgewater ledge removal, repaving and guardrail replacement will cause delays. Finally, between Hartford and Woodstock a paving project is causing delays.
• VT 106 in Woodstock has a paving project causing short delays.
• Business 4 from West Rutland to Rutland will have a project slowing traffic this week.
• Ripley Road in Rutland is closed for a bridge project.
• Dorr Drive Bridge project in Rutland will continue with no effect on traffic.
• Alfrecha Road in Clarendon is closed for railroad surface repair.
• RT 100 in Weston has a bridge project with alternating one-lane traffic until 7/10.
• Depot Street Bridge in Cavendish is closed. Detour in place.
• US 7 has three projects causing delays: From Rutland to Wallingford, and Manchester to Dorset and then in Wallingford where construction will cause temporary short-term closures.
• RT 140 and RT 103 in East Wallingford will have construction projects that will affect traffic.
• RT 30 in Brattleboro has a reduced speed limit and lane reduction in connection with the bridge project on I-91.
• US 7 in Pownal has a bridge project with lane closures and minor delays.
— Brent Curtis is the Public Outreach Coordinator for the Agency of Transportation. Brent.firstname.lastname@example.org
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.