Letter to the editor: Vote Miller for Bennignton Select Board
Vote Miller for Bennignton Select Board
I am running for the Bennington Select Board. I believe in Bennington — its past, its present, and its future. I believe we have significant challenges, and that we can overcome them best if we are proactive, not reactive; collaborative, not confrontational. I believe that we must preserve who we are and what we have, while we move ahead, working together.
I'd like to see the Board set up a charter revision commission to:
• Explore a stronger leadership structure for our town government; and
• Re-evaluate the operation of the Downtown Improvement District.
I'd like to see us complete the planning process by:
• Strengthening our vision,
• Marketing our favorable attributes,
• Establishing modest goals for business and grand list growth, and
• Implementing a concrete action plan to revitalize our economic climate.
Remember that the journey of a1000 miles starts with a single step.
Please consider voting for proactive changes.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.