Electrical problem causes store fire

Posted
Friday August 16, 2013

CLARENDON (AP) -- Vermont State Police say an electrical problem sparked a fire that destroyed a general store in the town of Clarendon.

Police say a passerby noticed the fire on Thursday morning.

Police were able to douse the fire and keep it from spreading to nearby homes.

No one was injured.

Police say the fire, water and smoke damage are considered to be a total loss of about $200,000.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions