1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, New England Newspapers Inc. (the "Sweepstakes") is open to residents of Vermont and Massachusetts who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of New England Newspapers Inc. ("Sponsor"), Telereach, Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter: The Sweepstakes will begin at 7 a.m., E.T. on Monday, May 20, 2013 and end at 5:00 p.m., E.T. on Sunday, June 30th, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Only one entry per household. To be eligible all entries must be received before 5:00 pm ET on Sunday, June 30th, 2013.
Phone Entry: Enter by calling one of New England Newspapers Inc. Grocery Giveaway official entry lines (888-245-4098; 888-245-4157; 888-825-4449; 888-410-3143; 877-830-3243; 866-264-4582; 866-264-4586; 866-264-4587) between the hours of 7AM to 9PM Sunday - Saturday ET and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. All calls will receive a promotional offer from The Berkshire Eagle, Bennington Banner, North Adams Transcript, or the Brattleboro Reformer, no purchase necessary to win.
In-Person Entry: Enter in person by visiting the offices of Bennington Banner 475 Main St Bennington Vermont, North Adams Transcipt 85 Main Street North Adams Ma, Berkshire Eagle 75 South Church Street, Pittsfield, MA, Brattleboro Reformer 62 Black Mountain Rd Brattleboro Vt during regular business hours, completing an official Entry form, and depositing it in the designated entry box.
Maximum of one (1) entry per household. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about 12 p.m., E.T. July 2nd, 2013.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) First Prize Winner a $1000 in gift cards to a local grocer Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about 12 p.m., E.T. July 2nd, 2013 at the telephone number provided by the winner. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, the winner must pick up the prize at one of the New England Newspapers Inc. properties. The prize will be available on July 8, 2013 and must be retrieved by the winner no later than 12 p.m., E.T. Wednesday, August 22, 2013. Valid photo id identification will be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable.
No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. New England Newspapers Inc. Giveaway is sponsored by New England Newspapers Inc.. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after Thursday, July 9, 2013), advertised in all publication by New England Newspapers Inc. or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List, Attn: Chris Oldham; New England Newspapers Inc. 425 Main Street Bennington, Vermont 05201. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Chris Oldham at (413)344-3454 email@example.com.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.