Business News in Brief
Curtis Lumber promotes top kitchen designer
HOOSICK, N.Y. -- Curtis Lumber announced the promotion of Jeffrey Hall to the position of lead kitchen designer, Eastern New York, Southern Vermont and the Berkshires Region at their Hoosick store.
Hall had previously worked for Haggerty Millwork Corporation in Bedford Hills, N.Y., where he was an architectural cabinetmaker for Fortune 500 companies. During his 20 year tenure, Jeffrey used a hands-on approach to build custom millwork from design through shipment and installation. He developed professional and personal relationships throughout his tenure and was frequently referred by his customers to family and friends for their personal jobs. His in-the-field background uniquely prepared him to design custom kitchens of all sizes and then be able to talk contractors through the installation process. During his current tenure at Curtis Lumber, Hall has designed numerous kitchens and has been featured in the company’s various television commercials. His wood knowledge is second-to-none and has led him to help customers choose the right wood flooring to go with the cabinetry.
Jeffrey has been recognized for his exceptional design skills by various local associations and has consistently outstanding customer feedback. Like all of Curtis Lumber’s design professionals, Jeffrey remains on the cutting edge of design by attending the NKBA’s premier kitchen and bath show KBIS.
Hall’s new role will help Curtis Lumber increase its Hoosick store’s ability to serve existing and new customers, while ensuring a superior customer service experience. Curtis Lumber’s Hoosick Kitchen and Bath showroom is one of the area’s largest and easily accessible from NY Route 7, just across the Vermont border.
Veterans’ Home offering outpatient therapy
BENNINGTON -- Vermont Veterans’ Home to offer outpatient therapy services to veterans, their spouses and Gold Star parents.
We are proud to expand our care for those who served by offering physical, occupational, and speech therapy on an outpatient basis. These services are provided by Genesis Rehabilitation Services.
The Vermont Veterans’ Home is an experienced residential and healthcare campus for veterans.
The staff of the Vermont Veterans’ Home works as a team to fulfill America’s promise to care for our nation’s veterans, their spouses, and Gold Star parents. To fulfill the promise we offer clinical care and a wide range of services that are recognized for their effectiveness in patient centered care. Our team develops comprehensive and individualized programs to maximize physical, social, and emotional independence. Through GRS, we offer Balance in Action, an evidence-based fall risk management program for individuals at risk of falls in any care setting. Together we strive to create an environment that provides our residents with the dignity and respect that they so rightfully deserve.
If you would like more information about this topic, contact Gary Yelle at 802-447-6539 or email at Vvhfirstname.lastname@example.org
Bromley’s ‘Pink Friday’ benefits Race for the Cure
BROMLEY MOUNTAIN -- On June 27, Bromley, Vermont’s Summer Adventure, is holding its first Pink Friday, when the pink-wearing, adventure park-loving crowd gets a better-than-half-off deal that will delight the masses and benefit the Vermont- New Hampshire Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure -- the Race for the Cure people -- all at the same time.
On Pink Friday, folks who don any article of pink clothing can purchase an unlimited Morning Mountain Adventure Pass, a $38 value, for only $15. That buys the pinked-out public unlimited access to all that the Mountain Adventure Park has to offer -- Bromley’s famous triple-track Alpine Slide, the Big Splash Water Slide Ride, the Giant Swing, Adrenaline Zip Line, Climbing Wall, Championship Mini Golf, the KidsZone for the kiddies and more -- from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The entire price of admission will be donated to Komen Vermont-New Hampshire.
Through events like Pink Friday, the Races for the Cure and Rides for the Cure in Vermont and New Hampshire, and others, Komen Vermont New Hampshire has netted more than $8.7 million in 21 years. Of that, more than $6.5 million -- 75 percent of the monies raised -- underwrote breast cancer education, screening and treatment in Vermont and New Hampshire; the remaining 25 percent, more than $2 million, was dedicated to breast cancer research. This year, $350,000 was granted to 11 breast-health organizations in the two states.
For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit www.komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.