Bennington project list for the week of Sept. 19
• Benmont Avenue Bridge will now be open in both directions.
• Branch Street will remain closed all week between Main Street and Gage Street to all thru traffic as the rehabilitation project continues. Local traffic will continue to be accommodated. Highway crews will be preparing for new pavement and sidewalks.
• Roadside mowing continues throughout town. Please use caution when approaching these areas.
• A private contractor will be paving the Bike Path section between Bennington College and Hannaford Square.
• Hickory Hill will be reduced to one-lane traffic Wednesday. Water Crews will be repairing a leaking water line. Please use caution, as men and equipment will be in the roadway.
• Morse Road will be reduced to one-lane traffic Wednesday and Thursday, as Sewer Crews will be rebuilding manholes. Please use caution when approaching.
• North Street will be reduced to one-lane traffic Tuesday between Gage Street and County Street. Water Crews will be repairing a leaking water joint at the corner of Gage Street. Flaggers will directing traffic. Please use caution and expect delays.
• Orchard Road will be reduced to one-lane traffic Monday and Tuesday, as Sewer Crews will be rebuilding manholes. Please use caution when approaching
All Work will be dependent on weather conditions. Please use caution when entering a construction zone; men and equipment will be in the traveled portion of the road. Notice: Residents and Contractors - Please make sure all loads are covered when taking leaves and or brush to the transfer station.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.