Bennington project list
BENNINGTON >> Please be advised that town offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 5 in observance of the Labor Day holiday. No roadway work will be conducted Monday
• Branch Street will remain closed all week between Main Street and Gage St to all thru traffic. Local Traffic will continue to be accommodated.
• Roadside mowing continues throughout town. Please use caution when approaching these areas.
• Carpenter Hill - A Private Contractor will finish paving on Tuesday. One-lane traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution and expect delays.
• Main Street traffic (eastbound) on Tuesday will be detoured over South Branch Street to Beech Street. Water Department Crew will be replacing a waterline at the corner of Main Street and Branch Street Local traffic will be accommodated when necessary.
• South Branch Street will closed between Main Street and Beech Street intersection Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for curbing and tree work. Water and Wastewater crews will also working in this area conducting repairs. Local traffic will be accommodated when necessary.
• Washington Avenue will be reduced to one-lane traffic on Tuesday, as Highway crews will be rebuilding a catch basin; expect minor delays.
• They will then begin Houran Road. One-lane traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution and expect delays.
• Walloomsac Road and Houran Road paving continues Thursday and Friday. One-lane traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution and expect delays.
All Work will be dependent on weather conditions. Please use caution when entering a construction zone, men and equipment will be in the traveled portion of the road.
Notice: Residents and Contractors — Please make sure all loads are covered when taking leaves and or brush to the transfer station.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.