RUTLAND (AP) - A fire has destroyed a 129-year-old barn that's part of a landscaping business in Rutland, Vt., and shut down part of route 7 for several hours.

The fire struck Pratico's Landscaping and Fence on Wednesday night.

Investigators believe space heaters may be to blame for the fire.

The Rutland Herald reports that business owner Miles "Skip" Pratico was on the second floor of the barn when the fire started. Pratico, a retired firefighter, jumped from the barn's loft door to escape. He wasn't hurt.

Firefighters said with temperatures dropping below zero, it was a struggle just to get water to the scene when the only available hydrant was found frozen. Surrounding towns sent in water tankers.